Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Yesterday I was looking at Time's list of the 25 Best Blogs. I'm aspirational like that. Once in a while, anyway. From observing them I realized that all these blogs have one central concept and people come back because they know exactly what they are getting. I'm not gonna do that. I know that derails my plan to get into the top 25, but I'm gonna leave that to the career bloggers anyway. I have a church to run for goodness sakes.

Instead I'm going to take the Paul route and seek to become all things to all people like in 1 Cor 9:19-23 What I really want to do is look at many different areas of life and see how and where they intersect with God's plan. So I'm going to have daily themes. Politics, Theology, Music, Sports, and Culture. My hope is each of these topics will connect with people on a personal level and then they will begin to think about everything they see and think through a Biblical lens. I think it will help me do the same. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment