Monday, November 16, 2009

Introductions

Welcome to the Blog. I'm gonna take a moment to introduce myself and look back just a little bit, but I'm really hoping that this blog will be primarily forward looking and inward looking as I try and do that personally.
So anyway the peculiar pilot. Well first, I'm not that strange. I mean everyone is peculiar in some way. My usual diversions from straight lacedness comes in the form of barely rhyming free verse to classic song tunes in order to get my kids to 1) Be Quiet 2) stop fighting 3) clean. Other than that I'm fairly main stream.
It is my situation that is different however. I'm a white guy. I pastor an Indian Church. This usually doesn't happen. First, there aren't a whole lot of Indians in the States. Second, I'm kinda young and most of the Pastors in the Indian community in edition to being Indian are also older. There is a great deal of respect for elders in the culture and being a young white guy breaks the mold. It's a bit Peculiar if I do say so myself.
The Pilot aspect has to do with being a pastor as well, not with an avocation or second career or anything. Pastors really don't have time for that kind of thing (Instead we use our time writing with the hope that people will be drawn in.) Anyway, My aim is to guide people safely to my final destination. I'm going to heaven, and I have been entrusted with the task of teaching people to know God and live for him. If I do this and do it well I will Save myself and My hearers (1 Tim 4:16) So that's the task. Fly the ship: get it to up in the air, fly smoothly and land safely. I'm hoping this will be a vehicle for accomplishing that. I'm hoping you'll take a seat and enjoy the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment